Inside with Harry Potter

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I haven't been working out regularly. Here is my latest trick to get me jump started

Harry Potter mania is back and I think I will use it to my advantage. I've heard nothing but positive about the latest J.K. Rowling book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince . Sadly, I can't read it yet. I never started the 5th book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Frankly, not everyone I talked to liked the 5th book, so I never took the time to read it. I knew I eventually would tackle it if only to finish the 7 book series, so tonight I started book 5 so I could finish book 6. The first 4 books taught me that starting a Harry Potter book is not something to be taken lightly. Late nights and neglected friends and family are standard fair while under the spell of these tomes. As a side note, I hate it when my wife reads one because the bedside lamp burns past 1:00 AM until it is done. Knowing the addictive nature of these books, I decided to use books 5 and 6 as a reward and a reason for cycling. Let me explain. I brought my bike back indoors and put it on the Minoura Mag 850 bike trainer, attached the Blackburn Speedreader to the handle bars, clipped in and read while I peddled. Real triathletes will scoff that I need to read to trick myself into getting in a workout, but I never said I was a real triathlete. The Armchair Triathlete likes to read so what of it?

But I like to cycle too. It feels good to do some exercise after a long layoff. In fact, it felt great tonight. I just moved with the sprockets and wondered why I let myself be distracted from riding by work, family and life when I know it makes me feel great during and after.

A great feeling and a great trick. Thanks Harry.

Comments

  1. Great idea to at least exercise some......whether indoors or out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts