Thou Shalt Not Covet


At Thanksgiving dinner my sister-in-law reminded me that she intends on buying a road bike and doing a century (100 mile ride) next year. She's never been a cyclist and doesn't know much about bikes, so the thought of her having a newer and better bike turns me a little green. I've been wanting to make the jump to a road bike anyway so I did a little on-line window shopping today and found this beauty. I really don't know a thing about it other than the snippet on a local bike shop's website.

The Transition Multi is a great choice for aspiring triathletes, distance riders and hammerheads. It features Specialized's lively A1-Aluminum frameset and a 27-speed Shimano/Specialized drivetrain for easy climbing. Plus, it boasts aero clip-on bars, aero wheels and a ride so nice you won't want to stop pedaling.

The Specialized site says this:

Equally at home on a Tuesday morning training ride, Saturday's 100km club race, or next month's triathlon, the Multi-Sport is specifically designed for someone that wants one bike to do it all. A triathlon / road training parts mix paired with cutting edge materials and manufacturing methods creates a super light, extremely efficient bike.

I feel faster and more fit already! The price is WAY out of my range, but it will be fun to go "try it on" at my favorite bike shops.

Comments

Popular Posts