Turkey Trot Anyone?

For any of the local readers, Syracuse is sponsoring a 5k run and 1 mile walk to benefit the Utah Food Bank. (I think anyway, I am going of my memory of reading about it in the latest city newsletter. I wrote down the date but not the cause) The event takes place on Saturday November 19th at 7:30 AM. The starting line is at the city offices. There isn't an entry fee just bring 1 or more canned items instead. It think it will be a good reason to get out of bed a bit early and do myself and some food-less folks a favor. Now that I think of it, I will need to get out of bed a few more times than race day to get prepared. I think I will mention the race to some of my friends to see if there is any interest. If I can get a few running buddies, I'll be more motivated to do it. My other motivation trick is getting a perfect running playlist for my new ipod. Anyone got any ideas?

BTW...Periodically I check active.com for other local races or events. It looks like I'm not the only one with turkey trots on my mind. Search for your own here.

Comments

Popular Posts