Mr Element, will you be my friend?


I took a test drive today of the new Honda Element. OK, it was a virtual drive but fun none- the-less. You can too here. The virtual spin is more of a game that searches for and "talks" to different animals that in turn relate to the Elements many features. The burro relates as a beast of burden hauling things around. The chameleon relates to the color options. The crab relates to the beach boy surf wagon image. The platypus relates to the ugly juxtaposition of different body styles slammed together. You get the picture. The Element is truly an either/or vehicle. Either you love it or you hate it. There doesn't seem to be much in between. I love it. My wife hates it. I have to admit I didn't like it AT ALL when I first saw it a couple of years back but it has really grown on me. I remember a joke we had with a co-worker that the the salesman has to look at his feet the whole time he is selling it to you so that you don't see him laughing. If it came as a hybrid I would really consider buying one as I could drive it in the HOV lane to and from work. The extra time saved in my commute would then translate to more free time to recreate. If I have time to recreate then of course I could justify a recreation vehicle like the Element. A perfect plan! By the way, my sister-in-law claims that the only people that own elements are metro-sexual tree-huggers. I am neither. Maybe I could put gun-racks in the back window just to be sure.

Addendum: After posting I searched around the web a bit more and found this site. hondaelement.org. It has forums and pics and all sorts of geeky Element lover stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts