Triathlon Training in Four Hours a Week

This is the time of the year hard-core athletes take a break from a year of racing and uber-training. I am just the opposite. This is the time of year that I crave activity and energy. The days are shorter and colder and it drives me nuts. Nothing shakes the winter blues like a heart-pumping run, steady bike ride or refreshing swim. But like I said it's cold and dark outside. So I'm stuck with a treadmill and cycle trainer. BORING! To psych myself up for a more disciplined approach I am re-reading Eric Harr's book Triathlon Training in Four Hours a Week This is the book that started me on the triathlon pursuit nearly 2 years ago. It's a motivating book with a very readable format and a personality that not only makes you feel like you can achieve anything but that you already belong in the ranks of triathletes. I decided to follow the 6 week plan ending in January to get me through the winter and to give me something to celebrate on my 34th birthday.


Comments

Popular Posts