Podcast Review: Zen and the Art of Triathlon


Zen and the Art of Triathlon. What a name. I saw this blog title a couple of times about 6 months ago, but never really grabbed on to it. Then I stumbled on the podcast version on iTunes and gave it a try. Apparently, I am more open to opinion on the "radio" then in my web surfing. I have more free time in my car. After just one listen I was hooked. Brett, I think that is his name, sounds like a regular guy. It appears the whole Zen thing is more about being real about triathlon than being a freaked out fitness fanatic. Almost all of his audio is in the field. He takes his lapel microphone on runs, rides, walks and anywhere else he can. Because of this, the audio isn't great (lots of wind and deep breathing) but it in the end it adds a nice flavor. I've enjoyed listening to a wide variety of topics in a varied terrain. Listening to him talk about friends who ride road bikes with aero bars while actually riding with them down a 4 lane highway, with rumbling diesel trucks passing by, is a surprisingly visual experience. Each workout sucks me in. Which is a good thing because it is still pretty cold and snowy in my neck of the woods and I'm not getting out much.

Subscribe to this podcast in iTunes here. It's free.

Comments

Popular Posts