After the Race

Now for the rest of the story. I haven't run once since my half-marathon race. It's been over a month! I'll be honest it took a lot out of me. I was pretty sore afterward and the training took a lot of time. Time that I promised myself I would devote to some other projects when I was done. Like finish my basement. I haven't been a total sloth. I've ridden my bike , walked a lot, started a strength program and today I went for a 3 mile hike. I'm ready to get back into a routine. I think for the winter it will be a mellow routine focusing on keeping a base fitness for when I amp up again next year's spring races. I will likely run the local Thanksgiving Day 5k.

Today's hike was really a geocaching hunt. Again, I went with a friend and we found 3 caches. It was a beautiful morning after a week of constant rain. It feels good to get on a mountain in the morning. I also learned about a new widget for my blog. It's a counter that show how many geocaches I have found. (look right).

Comments

Popular Posts