4-Door Wrangler - I'll call it the official vehicle of GeoSports


Wrangler Unlimited selling strong - Mar. 9, 2007: "It's the new four-door Wrangler Unlimited. And it is definitely not a crossover. The Wrangler is a serious, no-compromise piece of off-road machinery that can, if you want it to, run errands and take the kids to school, too. But it's not really designed for that.

Crossovers ride smoothly, like cars. The Wrangler doesn't. Crossovers are quiet. The Wrangler isn't, especially on the highway. Crossovers don't have rollover cages, removable doors and windshields that can fold down and strap to the hood. The Wrangler does.

When Consumer Reports tested it, the Wrangler Unlimited earned a score of 17 out of a possible 100, the lowest score for any current model. The magazine also noted the Wrangler's "dismal fuel economy."

It did well in the Consumer Report's standardized rock-climbing test, however.
Off-road capability remains extremely impressive," the magazine said in its April issue."


Admittedly, the 4-door looks different. But I like the looks. In a different way. It's got a "I'm-not-afraid-to-get-scratched" look. A "I-belong-on-the-mountain" look. A look you don't get with a Mitsubishi, Nissan or Toyota. It would look really good with some beefy tires.

The thing I like most about it is that it has place for gear. The 2-door Wrangler is tiny. I can put people and gear in this.

But I'll have to wait a few years while some one else knocks some depreciation off of these. I'm not about to spend 25+k for a Jeep that looks like it ought to be out getting scratched. Until then I will have to throw people and gear into my mini-van.

Comments

Popular Posts