HereWasThere.com on Squarespace

I've decided to try some new things and move herewasthere.com to SquareSpace.com.

Herewasthere.com was previously hosted with BlueHost as a WordPress.org open sourced code installation.   I really like WordPress and have enjoyed learning the platform and all the ways it can be modified and extended.  But I feel that is one of the reasons I didn't like it as well.  It is too modifiable.  As the leading blogging platform, I feel it is too common. I can't seem to keep up with all the junk attacks against it.  It seems that with so many developers with so much understanding of it's open sourced code, it's an easy target for spammers and cyber attacks.  Customizing it and maintaining it has become less fun for me as well.

For me,  SquareSpace has just the right amount of custom-ability and flexibility without being the wild west playground that WordPress has become.

So in the spirit of "I'll do whatever I feel like, Gosh!" I'm jumping ship to learn something new.

Things were too stagnant here anyway.

Wish me luck.

P.S.  I think I'll keep this blog herewasthere.wordpress.com around.  I'm going to move some of the posts over to the .com site  to jump start things over there and as such will likely delete the redundant posts here.  For now, I think I will move the generic non personal posts out and leave the more personal stuff here.

 

  9/5/2014 Update: I can't really stop tinkering. I've actually deleted my wordpress.org account and my squarespace account. I'm now back to the ever-free and surprisingly capable Blogger. Why you ask? I'm sorta impressed with Google.

Comments

Popular Posts