Providence Canyon State Park - Watercolor

Providence Canyon State Park in Georgia is sometimes called the state's Little Grand Canyon.  It's interesting that it is a partially man made feature as it was formed by erosion  from poor farming practices.

I painted this with watercolor pencils after studying a few pictures of the area.

I painted this  about a year ago and I have learned a lot about how to produce more depth in a painting by moving things back by simply reducing detail and adding a cool color like blue.  


So before posting this I did a quick glaze of sorts with blue while brushing away some details in the background.  It still is a long ways away from being a great or even good painting but as I've said before, I did this project to learn and explore. I feel like I'm doing that.  



Original image below before adding the blue blurring for depth.

Comments

Popular Posts